In March 2020 I temporarily transitioned to solely telemedicine visits. I am currently open on a case-by-case basis for in-person appointments, including physicals, PAP smears, and blood draws. I have been following guidelines from the CDC, Washington State Department of Health, and the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians. In June I will slowly re-open my practice on a case by case basis for in-office visits for urgent care or other needs. I would encourage those of you who are comfortable with Zoom to continue telemedicine visits to help reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2.
You can pick up supplement refills at my office or through a mail-order company through which I can enter your supplement prescriptions.
For in-office appointments I will follow these procedures:
- Claire, my administrative assistant (her phone number is a San Diego number even though she lives in Tacoma) will phone you 24-48 hours before your appointment to ask the following pre-screening questions and to ascertain whether you prefer an in-office or telemedicine visit:
- Have you in the past 14 days had fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches, or headache? Have you been in close contact with someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in the past 14 days? We may ask you to reschedule your appointment if yes.
- I will ask you to wear a face mask and I will wear one as well during the appointment. I can provide a mask if you don’t have one.
- Please wash your hands with soap and water once you are in my office.
- I will take your temperature and ask you a series of screening questions.
- We will do our best to maintain social distance in my office.
- After every patient, all surfaces and equipment used will be sanitized.
Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me directly.